WAKING UP TO INSTAGRAM STORIES
This morning I literally woke up to the newest feature if Instagram: Instagram Stories!
It was clear that Instagram had to react to the hype that Snapchat got in the last year. Facebook did want to buy Snapchat but the makers of Snapchat did not make that deal. So maybe Facebook is fighting back via instagram. I, als a blogger, was first completely overwhelmed! Now there is another App or rather feature, I have to put content on! So thats why I made list with pros and cons for Instagram Stories and Snapchat.
- You reach all the followers you already got on Instagram anyway
- It is now all in one app
- You don’t need to copy any user names
- Probably more people with watch your Instagram Story, as they come across it anyway.
- No filters!!!
- No direct „snapping“ of 10 sec. pics and vids 🙁
- You probably follow way more people on Instagram that you now watch on Snapchat. I don’t have time to watch all the stories of my Insta Favs 🙁
- It’s the original
- It still has it’s filters !!!
- More initimate, as it is an extra app (at least I feel like it)
- Direct Snaps to friends
- You don’t reach your other followers
- It is an extra app, less people might have it
- Some people find Snapchat complicated
WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER
Okay, so putting up all the pros and cons I can see that from a bloggers perspective that Instagram is the better app. You can reach more people that are following you anyway and no-one needs to copy, or search for a username.
From a personal perspective I think that Snapchat still has some advantages as Snapchat still has the filters(!!) and I can send snaps directly to my friends.
So I guess as soon as Instagram will introduce filters, it will overtake Snapchat unless… Snapchat will have another crazy idea!!! Snapchat I will always keep you in my heart!
What do you guys think about Instagram Stories???